Product Review: Shea Moisture African Black Soap Facial Wash and Scrub

For awhile I was looking for a facial scrub that would help with my oily skin and beard. So after searching Instagram and YouTube I came across this. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Facial Wash and Scrub :Beard Lifter. My main reason for getting it was because of the title "Beard Lifter". Not sure what a beard lifter was but I sure wanted to try it. Maybe it gave my beard wings I don't know.




So I searched high and low and couldn't find the "Beard Lifter" in the stores Shea Moisture said it was in. Come to find out they happen to change the name to Shea Moisture African Black Soap Facial Wash and Scrub: Gentle Exfoliator.

What it does:

This hydrating facial wash & scrub for all skin types is formulated with African Black Soap and organic Shea Butter blend with cleansing Kaolin Clay and exfoliating Jojoba beads. This multi-tasking cleanser dissolves excess oil and unclogs pores, leaving skin refreshed. Exfoliating Jojoba beads remove dead skin cells and minimize ashiness. A dose of vitamins nourish and recondition the skin, prepping it for a close shave.

My Results:
I've used the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Facial Wash and Scrub: Gentle Exfoliator  a ton of times and liked the results. It doesn’t stop bumps or anything, but it does seem to cut down on the amount of oil that is on my face after the end of the day. Now I have used in a way I think most African American men should use. When I shave my head it tend I tend to have bumps and ingrown hairs. So I have been looking for a product to help cut down on the bumps but get a close shave. So I tried the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Facial Wash and Scrub: Gentle Exfoliator on my head. Since using the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Facial Wash and Scrub: Gentle Exfoliator my head is much smoother and experiencing little to no irritation after shaving.

Applying:
Message into damp face and neck and head. Now the product is not like most facial wash that soap up or provide a tingling sensation. It goes on really easy but you may need more then a pea size amount. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. It can be used daily.


Recommendation:
Yes!
The Good: Smells great, no mineral oils, delivers results
The Bad: If you don’t rinse it away very well you will have Jojoba everywhere. Title is about a mile long.
Price: Varies depending on retailer. Can be found at select Target, Wal-Mart and Wal-Greens locations or from SheaMoisture.com.
Rating: A- , wish it came in a bigger bottle



What products that you use that are helpful?

Comments

  1. Cool. I've seen it in Target and was thinking about purchasing for my Hubby. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @N_Harris, depending on which Target you go into they will have it. Let me know how the results turn out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts