A Ode To My Beard


Hello people hows it been going. I know I have been gone for some time, but I have so good news(post coming soon later) and things in the works. But any who enough wit the small talk lets get to the post.

So as you all know I have a beard.  So I decided a couple months ago to search for some groups on facebook.  So while in one of my groups The Official Beard and Moustache Club of North Carolina I came across this poem posted by one of the members Trav May .

Ode To My Beard
What can I say but I am sorry,

I apologize for what I do to you,
my daily ruthlessness and cruelty.

What can I do but ask for your forgiveness

and your patience.
For someday,
I promise you, someday I swear
on the beards of the prophets
and on the beard of the poet Whitman and
on the beard of the president Lincoln,
I will not stop you any longer,
I will let you go free, I will take down
the fence around you made of sharp blades.

For someday, I promise you, I will let

you run wild through the valleys
of my face like a stallion, I will let you
wander over the desert of my face
like a holy man in his vision of heaven
and hell, I will let you grow, blossom
and flourish, and I will stroke you
and comb you and keep you orderly
and free of knots and tangles,
and you in turn will make me look
distinguished, a wise old man as I stroke
you looking serious, looking as though
I were thinking deep thoughts about
life and death.
But I will be thinking
only about you, my beard, my second face,
and this will be our secret.

J.R.

Solonche

Comments

Popular Posts